Call for Papers
The Fourth International Conference on Information Systems and Software Technologies (ICI2ST 2023) is organized by the Faculty of Systems Engineering of the National Polytechnic School of Ecuador. This year's event will be held on November 22-24, 2023. This conference aims to bring together researchers, speakers and industry practitioners from around the world who are developing cutting-edge research related to all aspects of Information Systems, Software Technologies, and Applied Computing.
Paper submissions are invited for ICI2ST 2023 which include, but are not limited to the following topics:
|Data management systems||Business Process Modelling|
|Information storage technologies||IT Service Management|
|Information systems applications||Interoperability and Service-Oriented Architecture|
|Information retrieval||Business Intelligence and Big Data|
|Security and Privacy:||Decision Support Systems|
|Cryptography||Intelligent Problem Solving|
|Security Services||Continuous software engineering (e.g., DevOps, agile, etc.)|
|Network Security||Requirements Engineering|
|Database and storage security||Software validation and certification|
|Software and Application security||Technology Trends:|
|Human and social aspects of security and privacy||Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning|
|Big Data, Data Science and Analytics|
|Social and Professional Topics:||Blockchain applications|
|Management of computing and information systems||Information Systems for collaboration and social computing|
|Computing education||Virtual reality / Augmented Reality|
|Government technology policy||Mixed reality|
|Internet of Things|
|June 13, 2023||Paper Submission Deadline|
|July 18, 2023||Paper Notification of Acceptance|
|July 26, 2023||Camera-Ready Deadline|
ICI2ST 2023 accepts submissions of original, unpublished full research papers and research-in-progress papers; both being of remarkable research quality. Authors are required to carefully follow these guideines, otherwise their papers will be automatically rejected:
- ICI2ST is against plagiarism and double submission. Therefore, submitted papers that have been already published, or substantially overlap with papers that have been simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference with proceedings will be automatically rejected, and authors will be banned for life to submit to ICI2ST. More information about plagiarism and double submission can be found here:
IEEE Web Page on Plagiarism
IEEE Web Page on Double Submission
- All papers must be 6 to 8-page-long (including references and appendices), written in English or Spanish using the IEEE Conference format, and be submitted in PDF format only. Papers that are not IEEE-format compliant and/or exceed the page number will be rejected.
- Download the IEEE MS Word Template here. Should you want to use LaTex to edit your paper, please use the latest IEEE format available for downloading here. Please, bear in mind that if you use MS Word to edit your paper, it must be converted to PDF before submitting.
- Articles must contain Title, Abstract and Keywords in addition to other sections. Papers in Spanish will contain title, abstract and keywords in Spanish and English.
Delete the authors for the first submission. ICI2ST follows a double-blind peer-reviewing procedure, which means that author identities and affiliations are not disclosed to reviewers. Authors are encouraged to ensure that their manuscripts are prepared in a way that does not give away their identity. To assist with this process, the key items that need to be observed are as follows:
- Anonymize the title page. I.e., remove the identification, email, and affiliation of the authors.
- Anonymize self-citations found in the text. Cite papers published by the Author in the text as follows: "[Anonymous, 2007]".
- Avoid mentioning funding sources/sponsors, and using personal acknowledgements.
- Avoid using statements that may identify an author.
- Do not include author's names when naming your files.
- Remove any references to authors or sponsors in the file metadata.
- Only after being accepted, and before the camera-ready submission, authors will be allowed to de-anonymize their papers.
- To be included in the proceedings, an accepted paper must be presented (online) at the conference by only one registered author.
Criteria of acceptance
- Papers will be assessed based on their originality, relevance, and presentation clarity by at least three reviewers.
- Grammatically correct use of the selected language (English or Spanish) is required. Authors are encouraged to double-check for misspelled words and inaccuracies before submitting their articles. This also includes tables and figures.
- Current and relevant references are required to be used in citations. Published work must be cited straight from the publisher's site, so over-using unofficial repositories such as ResearchGate should be avoided.
- Survey papers may be acceptable when data/concepts are critically discussed, and the authors explicitly devise a new approach to develop further work within the topic.
- Results must be concise; experiments, statistics, and other analyses must shown rigurosity. In-depth detail is a must when describing the technical methods and approaches.
- Conclusions must show relevancy within the study field ought to be supported by the data analized through the presented experiements.